We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
Karen Cairone, who is the moderator for Exchange's video training resource, Addressing Challenging Behaviors, talked about helping children become resilient in her EDC blog post, "Why the World Needs Resilient Kids and How to Build Their Bounce". In the post she outlined 10 effective strategies teachers can use every day to "help build children's bounce":
- Model resilience... Children need to see adults in their world using healthy coping behaviors.
- Foster healthy relationships skills... If there is no trust, there can be no growth.
- Teach self-awareness... Children need to be more aware of how their own actions affect others.
- Focus on feelings... There is a feeling behind almost every behavior.
- Lead with strengths... A child who has many chances to use her strengths has more chances to develop confidence and healthy self-esteem.
- Provide healthy outlets... Have some spaces for children to retreat to for alone time.
- Focus on consistency... When we provide a consistent approach to routines and transitions, we are helping the child feel comfortable.
- Foster self-regulation.
- Connect with children's families.
- Be available... More than anything else, let a child know you are available when he needs you.
|Turn-Key Training DVDs
Buy one, get three FREE!
We know our Turn-Key DVDs have been very helpful for directors, professors, educators of all kinds, and college students. We would like to offer you the entire set for the price of one. When you buy our most popular Turn-Key Training DVD, Addressing Challenging Behaviors, you'll get the entire Turn-Key Training Series for FREE (a savings of $597). We hope you will find this helpful.
Use coupon code TRAINING at checkout to save $597.
Offer valid through April 20, 2021, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
May not be combined with any other offer.
Post a Comment